Welcome

This is the blog of Kelly Pavelich: fiber artist, locavore, homeschooling mom, and Lyme sufferer / counsellor. I hope that you enjoy the content of these pages. All pages are the copyright of Kelly Pavelich but you are welcome to try any of the recipes, patterns and ideas for your personal use. If you'd like to contact me I am available at kelly@pavelich.com.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Recent projects

This is my first blog so I am just going to outline some recent projects.  I have been working on combination felted / fulled items.  I started working on bags because I am trying to get away from the use of plastic and the huge number of bags that seem to multiply in my cupboards when I am not looking.  If I can inspire a few other people to use their own shopping bags by replacing plastic with something beautiful, Why not?

Here is the first bag I made that I ended up giving to my mother for Christmas.  I know it will see some good use.



These are the second and third bags. These became Christmas presents for my mothers in law. (My husband's parents are divorced and remarried so I have two.)



Here is the most recent bag.



I have made two or three other bags but ended up giving them away before I photographed them There is a theme her and if I am ever going to get a gallery show going, I am going to have to stop giving things away.



Currently I am working on a sweater using the same techniques as the bags. I'll post more on this one later.

7 comments:

PJ said...

Those bags are to die for. I feel my heart clutching as I write. I've done some felting and 've seen a lot of felting but these are just stellar.
By the way, I just finished listening to a book on tape called "The Opposite of Fate" by Amy Tan, author of "The Joy Luck Club". She contracted Lyme disease and she has a whole chapter devoted to her diagnosis and journey -- she still has problems. I found it to be an extrememly moving testimonial.

PJ said...

I went back and looked again, I guess they're not felted but, they're gorgeous.

thumpyfuzz said...

Hi pj,

Thanks! I knit the bags with the sky, distant trees and water then felt the bags. Then I needle felt on details, shadows, etc. They are a lot of fun to make.

Thanks for the Amy Tan recomendation. I will look for the book.

PJ said...

I bought the tools for needle felting a while back and hope to do some soon. You do beautiful work.

lgf said...

these are great! you've got some talent there!

thumpyfuzz said...

Thanks lgf! I love doing this kind of stuff. I was checking out your blog. I hope that you are feeling better. Sending healing vibes your way!

DarkestBlaze said...

I have to say that I LOVE your bags. I want to try and recreate that look on my bowls and vessels. You do marvelous work lady!